Laura Ann Fowler is retired! She is currently volunteering at Morgan County High School. She was employed by Pinecrest Academy from August 2016 – May 2019. She was previously employed by SAFARI Montage as a Professional Learning Specialist. Prior to that, her work experience as the Instructional Technology Specialist for Forsyth County’s Academies of Creative Education (Forsyth County, Georgia) allowed her to support teachers and students using online learning, blended learning, and computer-assisted instruction. She has served as the District Instructional Technology Specialist (ITS) with Forsyth County Schools, ITS for Forsyth County School’s Teaching and Learning Department, a former Media Specialist and classroom teacher with experience in K-12 and college. Her experience includes leading GAPSS (Georgia Assessment of Performance on School Standards) teams in Forsyth County Schools, participating in and leading BYOT and instructional focus walk-throughs at elementary, middle, and high school levels where teacher-leaders gathered information about levels of instruction and technology integration. She supervised and mentored Forsyth County Media Specialists and supported building level instructional media programs. She was also the facilitator for GA Virtual School for Forsyth County students.
- Ed.S., Instructional Technology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, August 1991
- M.Ed., Reading Education, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, May 1981
- B.S.H.E., Early Childhood Education, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, August 1974
- Co-presenter with Dr. Tim Clark; 2013 GaETC, Transforming Learning with BYOT
- Presented to Pioneer RESA Media Specialists; 2013, Digital Age Learning
- Co-presenter with Jill Hobson; 2014 UGA, Digital Learning Conference; Medieval Makeover: Redesigning School Libraries & Librarians for the Digital Learning Age
Connect with Laura on Twitter @LearningAboutIT